Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/02 19:14:00 UTC

pax provision, mvn pax:provision - Strange provisioning behaviour?

Hello All,
I discovered a strange issue while provisioning:
I have a dependency defined as follows in my *testproject\itests *project:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.aries.transaction</groupId>
<artifactId>org.apache.aries.transaction.manager</artifactId>
                       * <scope>test</scope>*
                </dependency>

When I run the felix container via *mvn pax:provision * from the *testproject
folder *the bundle org.apache.aries.transaction.manager does not get
provisioned! It resulted in bunch of weird issues:

So I ran the following command from the *testproject * folder:

mvn pax:import-bundle     -DgroupId=org.apache.aries.transaction
-DartifactId=org.apache.aries.transaction.manager

I checked the *testproject\**provision\pom.xml* file: I see the following
entry:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.aries.transaction</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.apache.aries.transaction.manager</artifactId>
      <version>0.3</version>
    </dependency>

When I run *mvn pax:provision * from the *testproject *folder it still does
not provision the bundle to the runner folder. I'm confused. I thought *
testproject\**provision\pom.xml * pom is used to override pom,xml from all
the child projects. Any idea? Whats the purpose of the *testproject\**
provision\pom.xml* pom then?

Then I changed the *testproject\**provision\pom.xml* file entry above with
the following:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.aries.transaction</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.apache.aries.transaction.manager</artifactId>
      <version>0.3</version>
 *     <scope>provided</scope>*
    </dependency>

and ran *mvn pax:provision * from the *testproject *folder.

The bundle gets provisioned! Everything is fine! Any idea about the sequence
how the runner/deploy-pom.xml gets created? ANy input or pointers will be
appreciated.

I was expecting *testproject\**provision\pom.xml * to override all other
pom.xml files!

Thanks in advance!

Matt