Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2003/06/24 00:28:16 UTC

One step beyond .jws files

Okay, I'm pretty comfortable with creating a Java class and dropping a .jws
file into Axis.  I can look at the ?wsdl URL and it's more or less
comprehensible.

What's the next thing to learn?  Eventuallly, I need to accept SOAP requests
with rather a lot of parameters (right now I'm just testing with HTTP GET or
POST) and I want to do the kind of services where Axis will take all of the
parameters and set properties in a single object that is in my method
signature.  And I need to respond with XML in the body of the response, not
a single String or int value as the .jws files allow.

But I think there must be a step in between what I've learned so far, and my
eventual goal.  Anyone care to suggest a term or two for Google and give me
a shove in the right direction?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.

Re: One step beyond .jws files

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Now you should proceed with write your web service and deploy it with
wsdd file. (You can use AdminClient for that.). go to
http://ws.apache.org/axis/ and go to user guide. You may start from the
middle e.g. Publishing Web Services with Axis may be. Go through it.
you will know every thing.
Srianth

---------------
Lanka Software Foundation  (http://www.opensource.lk)
Promoting Open-Source Development in Sri Lanka.
---------------

Message Style and WSDL

Posted by Bhanu Pabreja <pa...@infigroup.com>.
One step beyond .jws files
  I have made a message style service with one method

  public Document fetchData(Document doc){
   // logic
  }yl

  Then I deployed the service using the deploy.wsdd. I could not use the
Java2WSDL utitily to generate "Message" style service so I hand edited one
of the provided examples.

  But once I deploy it to the /servlet/AxisServlet and try to browse the
generated .wsdl file it is totally a different version of what I have made
... I mean the wsdl says that it is a RPC style service and the operation is
encoded.

  Now the questions I can figure out is :

  (a) How to make a message style service and create a wsdl file which says
that it is a Message style service.

  thanx in advance

  dumdum420