Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by nh kim <ho...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 12:08:43 UTC

How can I set timeout option?

Hi All,

I'm getting SocketTimeoutException from SQuirrel SQL Client, and
SQLTimeoutException from psql.py shell script.
I tried to append jdbc socketTime option to my hbase url, but it looks like
Phoenix doesn't support it.
Let me know if I'm doing wrong, or there's some plan to support it.

Thanks,
NaHeon

Re: How can I set timeout option?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
You can set the global phoenix.query.timeoutMs config in your client side
hbase-site.xml [1], or set the same in the Connection Properties for it to
apply just for that connection, or you can set it per query with the
Statement.setQueryTimeout method:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#setQueryTimeout(int)
.

[1] http://phoenix.apache.org/tuning.html