Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Len Parker <lp...@cox.net> on 2007/09/25 17:21:21 UTC

Re: org.ofbiz.base.start.StartupException: Cannot init() catalina-container (Protocol handler initialization failed: java.io.IOException: SunX509 KeyManagerFactory not available)

First, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm running RedHat Enterprise Linux Version 5 (RHEL5).

I installed "jdk-6u2-linux-i586-rpm" obtained from the Sun site.

I also have java 1.4 and java 1.5 installed.  Java 1.4 is what was/is
installed by RHEL5 initial installation. I'm not sure where I got java
1.5, but I'll check to insure it was from Sun, and if not, I'll remove
it and install it from Sun's site.

Thanks for your time and your reply.  I'll post back with the results of
the 1.5 question.

Len

Posted by Len Parker <lp...@cox.net>.
Problem Solved!

Thank you BJ, Walter, Jacopo, and Jacques, for your replies!!

It turns out that I have java 1.5 installed from both IBM and SUN!
The /usr/bin/java is a link to
"/etc/alternatives/java" which in turn links to
"/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.5.0-ibm/bin/java". I removed this link and linked to
"/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.12/bin/java", and everything works as
promised.

I realize that this is not the correct way to accomplish this task,
since most of the other java stuff remains linked to the IBM stuff.
However, it was a quick, and easy/lazy, way to determine if this was the
problem. Now, I just need to figure out the correct way! The day is
young!

<sarcasm>
Now, if I can get IBM, Sun, and RedHat, to play nicely in the same
sandbox, I'll consider tackling more serious problems like world hunger,
after lunch!
</sarcasm>

Again, thanks for your replies and your time!! I'm sure that I'll be
back with hopefully more challenging questions in the future!

Len

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.