Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Markus Schaber <MS...@soloplan.de> on 2010/08/24 08:35:15 UTC

How to find JMSXUserID in web console

Hi,

How can I find out the originator of a queued message via the web console?
The messages (delivered via Stomp) have an JMSXUserID property which
contains the authenticated sender name of the incoming connection which
dropped the Message into the queues.

But I cannot find a way to show those properties in the web console. Is this
a configuration issue?

Markus

Re: How to find JMSXUserID in web console

Posted by Markus Schaber <MS...@soloplan.de>.
Hi,

Martin C. wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Markus Schaber <MS...@soloplan.de> wrote:
>
>> But I cannot find a way to show those properties in the web console. Is
>> this
>> a configuration issue?
>
> As far as I remember looking into the code in one of the 3.1.x
> versions, the JMSXUserID is not part of the regular attributes
> collection but extracted only as a special case on the
> "getAttribute()" method. So basically, the web-interface simply can't
> see that the attribute is there.
>
> You could patch the web-pages with an explicit call to the getter.

Ok, so I'll have to patch. Thanks!

Posted by "Martin C." <ma...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Markus Schaber <MS...@soloplan.de> wrote:

> But I cannot find a way to show those properties in the web console. Is this
> a configuration issue?

As far as I remember looking into the code in one of the 3.1.x
versions, the JMSXUserID is not part of the regular attributes
collection but extracted only as a special case on the
"getAttribute()" method. So basically, the web-interface simply can't
see that the attribute is there.

You could patch the web-pages with an explicit call to the getter.

Best regards,
Martin