Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manavendra Gupta <ma...@bsil.com> on 2002/12/10 12:33:37 UTC

slight OT: RequestInterceptor

Hi,

This probably is slightly off-topic, but I would like to know:

1. How to implement a RequestInterceptor? Is there some sample code
available?
2. Is it a good idea to implement one for managing sessions?

Thanks,
Manav.

Valve [was slight OT: RequestInterceptor]

Posted by Manavendra Gupta <ma...@bsil.com>.
Hunting around on the web I found an interesting document comparing the
approaches used in tomcat 3.2 and 4.0, comparing RequestInterceptor used in
the former with the Valve used in the latter. The page can be located at:
http://218.223.25.90:8080/docs/filters.htm

Has anyone worked with Valves before and would share some docs/code? Or do i
need to look into the tomcat-dev list? :-)

Manav.