Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org> on 2015/04/29 20:45:57 UTC

Aurora meetup in Bay Area, this Thursday

This was announced last month; just wanted to give an email bump for
folks. In this inaugural Apache Aurora Users Group meetup, our
friends at TellApart have offered to host and present how they're
using Aurora in a series of talks entitled "From Monolith to
Microservices with Aurora."

The meetup will take place 6:30-9pm at TellApart's office in Burlingame,
CA -- directly across the street form the Burlingame Caltrain Station.

Register here:
http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Aurora-Users-Group/events/221219480/

*Abstract:** * **TellApart has spent much of the past six months
breaking its monolithic application into smaller services. Our most
critical and high-volume services are managed by Apache Aurora, which
provides management and configuration layers that simplify application
development for developers and cluster management for operators.

We would like to share what we've learned about migrating to and running
a large scale Aurora+Mesos cluster on EC2.

*Subtopics:** *

• Routing (Thanos Baskous) • RPCs (Dobromir Montauk) • Base Server (Tony
Dong) • Monitoring & Event Notification (George Sirois) • Cluster
management (Steve Niemitz)