Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by René Seindal <re...@seindal.dk> on 2000/04/09 17:28:24 UTC

Sometimes stdout ends in the error_log!

I have a problem thats bothering me.  Sometimes one of the httpd childs
start to send normal output to the error_log, and browsers report
'document contains no data'. Normally only one child does it, and the
others respond normally, meaning that the user sees sporadic failure.

Is this a known problem?  Is it in apache or in mod_perl? I don't recall
having seen anything on the mod_perl list, and dejanews didn't turn up
anything for apache.

It seems to happen after restarts, so I have taken to the habit of
stopping the server completely and starting from scratch.  Not a good
solution, but better than serving docs to the error_log.

It is not a very busy server, so high load is not a likely source of the
problem.

I am not running the latest and greatest, but neither very old versions:

Perl version 5.00503 for Apache/1.3.11 (Unix) PHP/3.0.14 mod_perl/1.21
Statically linked mod_perl (php is a DSO).  I also use HTML::Mason 0.81
on one vhost. Server is a PC, Linux 2.2.13 from slackware 7, 128Mb ram.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://www.seindal.dk/rene/

Re: Sometimes stdout ends in the error_log!

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Give me the Apache::ASP page, and I'll try to duplicate
the problem on my end.

--Joshua

Posted by Dan McCormick <da...@metro.net>.