Posted to log4php-user@logging.apache.org by tinkee <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/04 03:24:49 UTC

log4php not working properly

hi,

i'm using the log4php for my logging.
specifically the LoggerAppenderDailyFile
but it could not create the logfile successfully.

myconfig.xml -->resides in the same level with my php file
log4php:configuration xmlns:log4php="http://logging.apache.org/log4php/" >
    <appender name="logged_it" class='LoggerAppenderDailyFile'>

        <layout class="LoggerLayoutTTCC">

        </layout>
    </appender>
    <root>
        <level value="debug" />
        <appender_ref ref="logged_it" />
    </root>
</log4php:configuration>

the php file is this:
<?php

require_once ('../log4php/php/Logger.php');
Logger::configure('myconfig.xml');

//for checking
$temp = "hello there!";
echo $temp;

$logger = Logger::getLogger('myLogger');   -->what should be specified here
in getLogger?
                                                          -->a random value
is assigned here
$logger->debug('Hello!');

?>

did i miss out on somehting?

my php version is php5.1.X
and im using the log4php 2.0.0-incubating.

does the version has any effect?

thanks a lot.

Re: log4php not working properly

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
hi,
very good it worked out for you after all.
Cheers!
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: log4php not working properly

Posted by tinkee <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: log4php not working properly

Posted by tinkee <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tinkee <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: log4php not working properly

Posted by tinkee <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tinkee <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: log4php not working properly

Posted by tinkee <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: log4php not working properly

Posted by tinkee <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

http://logging.apache.org/log4php/docs/appenders.html#LoggerAppenderDailyFile
there is some more which needs to be configured:

log4php.appender.default.datePattern = Ymd
log4php.appender.default.file = target/examples/daily_%s.log

In your case it should look like:

<appender name="logged_it" class='LoggerAppenderDailyFile'>
<layout class="LoggerLayoutTTCC" />
<param name="datePattern" value="Ymd" />
<param name="file" value="target/examples/daily_%s.log" />

http://www.grobmeier.de