Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vaibhav Puranik <vp...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/20 01:31:15 UTC

HBaseBuilder.java fixed for version 0.19

Hi,

I noticed that the class HBaseBuilder.java (The groovy DSL) is not compiling
with HBase 0.19.

The following code block was not compiling:

if ( admin.tableExists( tableName ) ) {
            *admin.modifyTableMeta( tableName.getBytes(), table );*
            log.info( "Updated table: {}", table );
}

I changed it to

if ( admin.tableExists( tableName ) ) {
            admin.modifyTable( tableName.getBytes(),
HConstants.MODIFY_TABLE_SET_HTD, table );
            log.info( "Updated table: {}", table );
}

I am not sure about the change. I am attaching the file with this email (ext
changed to .txt from .java).

Tom, is this change ok? If yes, is it possible for you to update it in the
HBase wiki?

Regards,
Vaibhav

Re: HBaseBuilder.java fixed for version 0.19

Posted by Vaibhav Puranik <vp...@gmail.com>.
Tom,

There is no doubt that it's useful. I have updated my version on the wiki.
Please check it out.
Thanks a lot for doing this. We use groovy at Gumgum for running our Hadoop
jobs too! We are looking forward to use Hbase with groovy client.

Regards,
Vaibhav

Posted by Tom Nichols <tm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vaibhav,