Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Laszlo <gr...@axis.hu> on 2005/03/01 07:52:08 UTC

using xerces-c in Apache2 module

Hi all

Have somebody used xerces-c in an apache2 module?
My files contain XML data and I want to handle
them with an Apache2 module.

How is it possible?
-------
Laszlo

Re: using xerces-c in Apache2 module

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
Paul Querna wrote:

> I only have personal experience on handling XML with libxml2 in apache
> modules.  The only module that I know of that used Xerces-c was an old
> version of mod_xml:
> http://apache.webthing.com/mod_xml/

No, that's basically all been superseded, including both of the two
applications I ever wrote for it.

Having worked with several parsers in Apache, I would firmly recommend
libxml2.  Or expat, for apps where a simple SAX parse is sufficient.

--
Nick Kew

Re: using xerces-c in Apache2 module

Posted by Eli Marmor <ma...@netmask.it>.
Paul Querna wrote:

> Laszlo wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Have somebody used xerces-c in an apache2 module?
> > My files contain XML data and I want to handle
> > them with an Apache2 module.
> >
> > How is it possible?
>
> I only have personal experience on handling XML with libxml2 in apache
> modules.  The only module that I know of that used Xerces-c was an old
> version of mod_xml:
> http://apache.webthing.com/mod_xml/
>
> I don't think Nick maintains it anymore, but if you ask him, he might
> have the source around if you just want an example.

Nick can also compare libxml2 and Xerces-c, especially as a library for
an Apache module.

--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it

Re: using xerces-c in Apache2 module

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
Laszlo wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Have somebody used xerces-c in an apache2 module?
> My files contain XML data and I want to handle
> them with an Apache2 module.
>
> How is it possible?

I only have personal experience on handling XML with libxml2 in apache
modules.  The only module that I know of that used Xerces-c was an old
version of mod_xml:
http://apache.webthing.com/mod_xml/

I don't think Nick maintains it anymore, but if you ask him, he might
have the source around if you just want an example.

-Paul