Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/18 21:18:35 UTC

Moving forward (Re: [AXIS2] Proposal for saving the message context)

Ann,

Let's figure out a way to get out of this loop.  No, i don't think
that we should add code just because it does not break any existing
things...

How about we start a branch for this work? I'd personally be satisfied
about moving to trunk when i see a test case in this branch that
illustrates that when deserializing the MC, it plays well with the
existing hierarchy and does not create any extra objects
unnecessarily. Once you illustrate that, we can move the code to
trunk.

Are you ok with this plan? Am sure sanjiva/chamikara/others can help
formulate other scenarios that the ser/deser mechanism should work
"properly".

thanks,
dims

Re: Moving forward (Re: [AXIS2] Proposal for saving the message context)

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
I have no objection to this proposed approach, but would like to hear
back from Ann on my last proposal on this thread- keep this code out of
the core if it doesn't depend on  any private state in MC. I can't see
what that would be but am waiting to hear what private state is
interesting to save/restore.

Thanks,

Sanjiva.

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 15:18 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Ann,
>
> Let's figure out a way to get out of this loop.  No, i don't think
> that we should add code just because it does not break any existing
> things...
>
> How about we start a branch for this work? I'd personally be satisfied
> about moving to trunk when i see a test case in this branch that
> illustrates that when deserializing the MC, it plays well with the
> existing hierarchy and does not create any extra objects
> unnecessarily. Once you illustrate that, we can move the code to
> trunk.
>
> Are you ok with this plan? Am sure sanjiva/chamikara/others can help
> formulate other scenarios that the ser/deser mechanism should work
> "properly".
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 12/18/06, David Illsley <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >c) Sorry for being blunt, but I honestly think, that this proposal is
> > being pushed so hard bcos it works with some IBM internal product.
> >
> > You're right it works with an IBM project (FWIW it also works with
> > Sandesha2) which is why I know it works and why I believe it's very
> > unlikely to break pure Axis2.
> >
> > I'm not philosphically attached to any particular way of implementing
> > this function, but I've seen it working so I thought I'd jump in and
> > comment when I thought the discussion seemed more
> > philosophical+process related that technical.
> >
> > Apologies for any ill-will my comments have caused,
> > David
> >
> > --
> > David Illsley - IBM Web Services Development

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.