Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Krishna Badam <Kr...@imgtec.com> on 2018/03/06 05:36:16 UTC

Do we have any documentation on package dependencies and versions

Hi All,

Is there any documentation,
For a newly installed OS(linux) what are the required kernel version, libraries, packages, tools and any version dependencies.

May not be for individual features, but at basic Mynewt OS level build dependencies.

I just want to have a pre-requisite check script, so the document can help me in preparing that.

Thanks,
Krishna B

Re: Do we have any documentation on package dependencies and versions

Posted by David Lee <dj...@cornell.edu>.
Hi Krishna,

i. I don't think there's any issues with compatibility between i386 and
x86_64 with respect to the Linux distro. libc6-i386 is used to create
32-bit executables for Mynewt.
ii. I don't believe there are any required packages.
iii. The newt tool itself is statically linked, so it doesn't need any
libraries to run. For specific versions for the toolchains, the ones listed
in the original response should be sufficient.

If I'm missing any information, maybe the rest of the group can chime in.
It could also be beneficial to look into creating a flatpak for newt.

Best,

David

Posted by David Lee <dj...@cornell.edu>.
Hey Krishna,