Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Liz Ferme <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/08 16:15:29 UTC

Remove iterators programmatically

Hi,

Is it possible to temporarily disable (in client code) a scan time iterator
that's been configured for a table? We want to write an iterator that's
enabled by default, but we want to give anyone writing queries the option
of disabling it for their query. There are other ways around our problem if
this isn't possible, but this way seems the most straightforward.

Thanks,
Liz

Re: Remove iterators programmatically

Posted by Liz Ferme <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye on ACCUMULO-415, and in the
meantime we'll do it a different way.

Liz

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Liz,

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
So, yeah. User configured iterators can override table configured ones.
That's probably a bad idea, but I suppose it does work that way now.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.