Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@mac.com> on 2007/02/04 22:17:40 UTC

Re: Spoilt for choice.....which Tapestry project to start with

If you try out JumpStart Min, I'd be really keen to hear what helps
you and what hinders you as a beginner.

Regards,

Geoff Callender

On 24/01/2007, at 11:15 PM, munich@fantasymail.de wrote:

> I am starting from scratch with a new Tapestry project...but
> I am spoilt for choice and can not decide which Tapestry project
> to take to start with:
>
> - the Cognition Framework?
> - HoneycombLib?
> - AppFuse ?
> - JumpStart?
> - Tapernate?
>
> The problem with Tapestry is maybe that there is so many decisions
> to make and no "standard" way of doing it.....before you do your
> helloWorld
>
> E.g. you have Hibernate Cayenne...Spring, Hivemind, Acegi.....
>
> If you start as a beginner you do not know enough to make a
> decision - unlike a PHP or dot Net developer, WebObjects developer
> - they dont have much choice and can just start with it without
> making hundreds of decision before getting started..................
>
> Maybe some stuff could be "integrated" into Tapesty by default?

Re: Spoilt for choice.....which Tapestry project to start with

Posted by mu...@fantasymail.de.
Thanks! Haven not tried it yet, but JBoss makes the setup more complex....so you have Tomcat, Apache,? the database and JBoss...so 4 things you need to check and make sure they are running all the time.

Why do you need an application server if you use hibernate & hivemind ?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 08:17:40 +1100
Von: Geoff Callender <ge...@mac.com>
An: Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>