Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jeff Klukas <jk...@simple.com> on 2017/09/12 12:38:51 UTC

Metrics for Kafka Connect

The Kafka docs on Monitoring don't mention anything specific for Kafka
Connect. Are metrics for connectors limited to just the standard
consumer/producer metrics? Do I understand correctly that the Connect API
doesn't provide any hooks for custom connector-specific metrics? If not, is
that something that's on the roadmap at all?

Re: Metrics for Kafka Connect

Posted by Viktor Somogyi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

There is a KIP going on, would this answer your question?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-196%3A+Add+metrics+to+Kafka+Connect+framework

Viktor