Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2022/10/07 21:36:08 UTC

[DISCUSS] Hadoop 3.3.5 release planning

Bumping this up. Adding the [DISCUSS] text to make this message stand out
of your inbox.

I certainly missed this message and only realized 3.3.5 has more than just
security updates.

What was the issue with the ARM64 build? I was able to publish ARM64 build
for 3.3.1 release without problems.

Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop 3.3.5 release planning

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 at 22:36, Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> wrote:

> Bumping this up. Adding the [DISCUSS] text to make this message stand out
> of your inbox.
>
> I certainly missed this message and only realized 3.3.5 has more than just
> security updates.
>
> What was the issue with the ARM64 build? I was able to publish ARM64 build
> for 3.3.1 release without problems.

changes in the underlying dependencies, python libraries in particular.
things wouldn't build on branch-3.3.

Also, building on a macbook m1 wasn't a problem then -it is now and some of
the bash tests needed tuning

fixed now HADOOP-18401

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.