Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Gonzalez Diaz, Xoan" <G2...@caixagalicia.es> on 2008/05/07 11:08:23 UTC

Hot-backup.py and transactions problem

Hi all,

I have Subversion 1.4.5 installed on a machine B with Windows XP, Apache
2.2 and ldap authentication.

I have a machine A with a folder containing the repositories
(C:\SVNRepositories) and a repository inside called RepositoryA.

I am testing (in machine A) possibilities of hot-backup.py but it seems
that something is wrong with my tests. Basically I am trying to do a
backup and restore a repository.

These are the steps that I am taking:

1.	Execute, in a command prompt, the following command:

python hot-backup.py --archive-type=zip "C:\
SVNRepositories\RepositoryA" "D:\Backup SVN\temp"

The command is executed successfully  and a file called
RepositorioA-4536.zip is created at D:\Backup SVN\temp

2.	I rename C:\ SVNRepositories\RepositoryA to C:\
SVNRepositories\RepositoryA.old

3.	I extract the folder in RepositoryA -4536.zip  and copy (Windows
copy) it in C:\SVNRepositories

4.	I rename C:\ SVNRepositories\RepositoryA -4536 to C:\
SVNRepositories\RepositoryA

5.	If I try to add a file to a directory (with TortoiseSVN) in the
repository or make a commit appears the following error:

Can't create directory

'\\machineA\SVNRepositories\RepositoryA\db\transactions\4536-1.txn':

El sistema no puede halla la ruta especificada

It means something like System could not find the given path

6.	Looking at C:\SVNRepoositories\RepositoryA\db there is no
transactions directory, but it exists in
C:\SVNRepositories\RepositoryA.old\db

It seems permissions are the same in C:\SVNRepositories\RepositoryA.old
and C:\SVNRepositories\RepositoryA

What am I doing wrong?

 Is it normal that hot-backup don't backup transactions directory?

Thanks in advance,

Xoan

Re: Hot-backup.py and transactions problem

Posted by eg <eg...@gmail.com>.
Gonzalez Diaz, Xoan wrote:

>  Is it normal that hot-backup don’t backup transactions directory?

No. In my experience, it most definitely backups up the transactions
directory.

Look inside your original zip file before you unzip and copy it (use
winzip or 7zip)... is the "transactions" directory there?