Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Howard <je...@flashcom.net> on 2000/08/26 17:10:33 UTC

Problems getting JDOM to work.

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm hoping I just forgot to do something. My situation is my company would
like to move from JServ to jakarta-tomcat.  Currently under JServ we have a
servlet that uses JDOM-b4 to parse XML we receive from other vendors and
works very well under JServ.  Yesterday we installed jakarta-tomcat on a
test machine created a new "web Application" which consisted of a simple
Hello World servlet and our XML Parsing Servlet.  The Hello World applet
works just fine but when it comes to the XML Parsing Servlet I get a
Internal Server Error 500.  The trace prints out that it could not find
SaxBuilder class inside of JDOM.  If anyone has any suggestions I would
appreciate it.  I tried everything I could find in the online help,
including placing the JDOM.jar file in the WEB-INF/lib directory under my
project, trying to place JDOM.jar in the tomcat path, and my final attempt
was to update the xml.jar included with Tomcat with the JDOM classes.
Nothing seemed to work.  Thank you if you took the time to read this.  I
really do need some help :)

Jeremy Howard

RE: Problems getting JDOM to work.

Posted by Jeremy Howard <je...@flashcom.net>.
Steve,

Thank you for the input.  No I hadn't actually put the jar file in my path
cause I got used to putting everything in the jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext directory
(I'm using jdk1.3 on a win2000 box).  After putting the jar file in the
tomcat classpath everything worked fine :)  Thanks again for your help

Jeremy Howard

I'm using JDom beta4 with Tomcat 3.1 and was able to get it to work.
Have you tried putting jdom.jar in your classpath before starting
Tomcat?

-Steve

--
Steve Weiss      Association of American Medical Colleges
(202)828-0428    mailto:sweiss@aamc.org    http://www.aamc.org

Re: Problems getting JDOM to work.

Posted by Steve Weiss <sw...@aamc.org>.

Posted by Toby Piper <tp...@CompCraft.com>.
I am using SAX.jar and Aelfred.jar for XML parsing. I have several servlets that
need it so I put the jar files in the tomcat (using 3.1) classpath. I put the
JAR files in the LIB dir under tomcat and then modified the classpath in the
tomcat.bat file(running on NT 4.0). To get it to work when running as a NT
service I did the same modifications to the service.properties file
(wrapper.properties, I changed the name).

My servlets don't have any problem finding the classes that way.

HTH

Toby