Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/14 21:11:01 UTC

Re: Move javaee-api to Git.

> On May 18, 2021, at 12:22 PM, David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As long as I was doing the tomee-release-tools converstion from svn to git, I went ahead and did this one too:
>
> - https://github.com/apache/tomee-jakartaee-api
>
> We did end up creating a module for an updated jakartaee-api jar in the `tomee-jakarta` repo:
>
> - https://github.com/apache/tomee-jakarta/tree/master/jakartaee-api
>
> Next steps for anyone who has the energy is to move that setup into the `tomee-jakartaee-api` repo then remove it from `tomee-jakarta`

Jean-Louis,

Here's the last status on jakartaee-api I remember.

-David

Re: Move javaee-api to Git.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
FYI: Lists removes image attachments, sadly.

Re: Move javaee-api to Git.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Continuing with this thread so hopefully all discussions are located in the
same place.

I'm sorry for the spam and so many questions/discussions.

I pushed again some more changes using the Jakarta BOM file and all
versions inside. So it's a bit more exhaustive.
We still have some javax dependencies in there we need to prune or remove
and replace if needed. Jakarta pruned a couple of APIs so there aren't
required anymore maybe
[image: image.png]

Re: Move javaee-api to Git.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Thanks to you both!

Re: Move javaee-api to Git.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
I'd probably agree.

Re: Move javaee-api to Git.

Posted by David Blevins <db...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: Move javaee-api to Git.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
I did a pom.xml comparison and it looks like in tomee-jakarta/jakartaee-api
module you used most of the jakarta.xxx dependencies as opposed to the
usual Geronimo specs.
Is there a reason?
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
http://www.tomitribe.com

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 10:13 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <

Re: Move javaee-api to Git.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.