Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2016/02/12 09:17:36 UTC

Re: javax.annotation 1.2.0 and KARAF-2660

Hi,

we just stumbled over that topic again. In Karaf 4.0.x, javax.annotation
version in jre.properties are set to 1.0 - fine. However, in the default
config.properties, the javax.annotation packages are added to
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra with version 1.2. If a bundle wants
to use the JEE version, e.g. from javax.annotation-api, it still finds the
standard versions, leading e.g. to

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.annotation.Priority

When switching the versions in config.properties to 1.0, it works.

Is there a reason to have the 1.2 versions in the
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra, differing from what is used in
jre.properties?

Regards,
Jochen

Re: javax.annotation 1.2.0 and KARAF-2660

Posted by Christoph Gritschenberger <ch...@gmail.com>.
Nope. just missed it, I guess

regards,
Christoph