Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Chris Roeder <ch...@ucdenver.edu> on 2012/08/07 01:35:46 UTC

ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?

Pardon me if this has been asked before.

Is a version of ConceptMapper for UIMA 2.4.0 planned?

thanks
-Chris

--
Christophe Roeder | Software Engineer
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus | Computational Bioscience Program

Re: ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?

Posted by Chris Roeder <ch...@ucdenver.edu>.
> Am 07.08.2012 um 18:33 schrieb Chris Roeder:
>
>> On 8/7/12 10:23 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> ConceptMapper hasn't changed since the 2.3.1 release, so there are no pending
>>> new release planned.
>>
>> I ask because it seems ConceptMapper's poms depend on 2.3.1,
>> which (seems to) conflicts with 2.4.0 from elsewhere.
>>
>> Is there a solution to this that I haven't found ?
>
> Unless you depend on UIMA-AS, it should be possible that you generally upgrade to UIMA 2.4.0.
> I never had any upgrade compatibility problems.

Maybe it's a Maven question.

I've been busy playing whack-a-mole
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whac-A-Mole  look under "Colloquial usage")
with other problems and assumed the dependencies of my project on 2.4.0
and ConceptMapper's dependencies on 2.3.1 would either conflict or cause
ambiguity. I've heard suggestions that the order matters. I'd prefer to
avoid ordering dependencies in a system that portends to be stateless
or declarative, but will easily sacrifice that for something that works.

-Chris

Re: ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?

Posted by Himanshu Gahlot <hi...@gmail.com>.
I recently used ConceptMapper with UIMA 2.4.0 by updating the various
deprecated clsses and it worked fine. I just haven't got time to contribute
it back to UIMA. Apart from the updates that Michael is talking about one
major update is the use of UimaContext in place of AnnotatorContext. And
the update in:

public class ConceptMapper extends Annotator_ImplBase implements
TextAnnotator

is

public class ConceptMapper extends JCasAnnotator_ImplBase

Himanshu

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Michael Tanenblatt <slothrop@park-slope.net

Re: ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?

Posted by Michael Tanenblatt <sl...@park-slope.net>.

Re: ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?

Posted by Chris Roeder <ch...@ucdenver.edu>.

Re: ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?

Posted by Michael Tanenblatt <sl...@park-slope.net>.

Re: ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ec...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Re: ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?

Posted by Chris Roeder <ch...@ucdenver.edu>.
On 8/7/12 11:02 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:

> On 8/7/2012 12:33 PM, Chris Roeder wrote:
>> On 8/7/12 10:23 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> ConceptMapper hasn't changed since the 2.3.1 release, so there are no pending
>>> new release planned.
>>
>> I ask because it seems ConceptMapper's poms depend on 2.3.1,
>> which (seems to) conflicts with 2.4.0 from elsewhere.
> Can you post some details about the conflict that you see?

They are likely conflated by other problems I'm chasing down.
Thanks for your offer, and if they remain, I will narrow it
down to a reproducible case and ask more clearly for help.

In the mean time, the nugget I had forgotten, that settles
my mind regarding Richard's suggestion, is that in the face
of ambiguity, Maven is supposed to pick the highest version.
I assume 2.4.0 is compatible with 2.3.1 as regards ConceptMapper,
so it's OK to let maven choose 2.4.0.

thanks
-Chris

Re: ConceptMapper 2.4.0 ?