Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wi...@jeppesen.com on 2004/05/25 19:32:14 UTC

RC3 Property Inheritance Problem

I'm trying to generate "1.4 friendly" compiled classes. I'm getting failures on
the assert keyword. Here's a rundown of my multiproject structure:

root/
    project.xml (extends root/service/project.xml)
    project.ent
    common/
        maven/
            project.properties
            project.xml (Parent)
            entities/
                versions.ent
                dependencies.ent
                developers.ent
    service/
        maven.xml
        project.properties
        project.xml (extends root/common/maven/project.xml)
    ejb/
        project.ent
        project.properties
        project.xml (extends root/project.xml)

I have the maven.compile.source and maven.compile.target properties set in
root/service/project.properties. Yet when I run "maven multiproject:install"
from my root directory I get a warning and error regarding the assert keyword.
If I put these properties in a root/project.properties file it works fine. Can
anyone tell me if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong?

-wr

NOTICE:  This communication and any files transmitted with it ("communication")
may contain privileged or other confidential information. This communication is
intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication
in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use
this communication.  Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received
this communication in error, and then delete this communication and any copies.
Thank you.