Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/27 22:41:23 UTC

JSF 1.2 branch of Trinidad

(Re-sending;  it bounced the first time)

My bosses at work are starting to request a JSF 1.2-based version
of Trinidad, so I'd like to get started on that.  What I'm thinking of:

 - A branch off the trunk (not on trunk)
 - Depending on the 1.2 RI, 'cause 1.2 isn't available yet
 - I'll file a JIRA issue for this.

I wish it could be based on MyFaces, but 1.2 isn't there yet,
and I wish I had time to help out on MyFaces 1.2, but I don't... :(

My assumption is that this won't be the final 1.2 branch - instead
of regular merges from trunk onto this branch, it'll probably
be easier to create new 1.2 branches and merge the 1.2
work onto that.  Or, to be more brief, I'm assuming that we
won't bother having anyone check patches into both
branches, at least for now - we'll just do 1.2 work on the 1.2
branch, and occasionally create new 1.2 branches to
pull in all the latest patches.

How's this sound?

-- Adam

Re: JSF 1.2 branch of Trinidad

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
BTW, just to state it publicly, once there's a MyFaces 1.2 version
out there, I'd vote to switch to it for compilation and building ASAP,
though of course we'd support the Sun and Apache implementations.

-- Adam

Re: JSF 1.2 branch of Trinidad

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: JSF 1.2 branch of Trinidad