Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Cifreo <ec...@grandecom.net> on 2002/09/18 05:50:05 UTC

blank action in html:form (SOLVED)

Hello all,

I posted a question recently regarding a problem with a jsp using the

Well, I've figured out the problem.  When you can run the same codebase on
several machines but get different results, you start looking at the minor
version numbers.  It turns out that my combination of Struts 1.02, Tomcat
4.03, and JDK 1.4.0_02 with a jsp containing <html:form action="/login.do">
was producing the HTML <form name="loginForm" method="post" action="">.  No
action to submit to.

Now that I've downgraded to JDK 1.4.0-b92, everything works again.
Just in case someone else encounters somethign similar.  It may be a FAQ to
avoid mixing these versions, but if so, I wasn't aware of it....

Eric Cifreo
Austin, TX