Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Manuel Jung <Ma...@concrete-logic.de> on 2005/12/21 15:49:57 UTC

WSS4J does not work on Sun Application Server 8.1

Dear Developer Team,

i programmed a SOAP application using WSS4J for signatures.

All works fine, if I using TOMCAT 5.0.

Deploying my Application on a Sun Application Server 8.1, I get a error.

The Remote side informed me, that there is no certificate in the request.

Monitoring the outgoing Traffic with the AXIS TCP-Monitor confirmed my
suggestion.

The XML is not signed my WSS4J.

Are there special configuration parameters in the SunApp, or does WSS4J not
work with it?

Thanks for your help!

Greetings

Manuel Jung

--

Manuel Jung  Dipl.-Inform. (FH)  Email:
<ma...@concrete-logic.de> Manuel.Jung@concrete-logic.de

Re: WSS4J does not work on Sun Application Server 8.1

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Manuel,

are you are using the Crimson XML parser? This is quite common
in a pure Sun Java Envrionement. The Crimson parser is known
to have problems with XML namespace handling. Can you pls macke
sure that Xerces is in your classpath before the standard
parser included in J2SE.

If this is not the case we need some more information, probably
a TCPmon output of the request.

Regards
Werner

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.