Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jacqui Caren <ja...@ig.co.uk> on 2001/01/09 14:06:21 UTC

Adding a mod_perl / handler gives odd SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO...

We are working on a dynapage engine that can be operated under mod perl.

The system works well when ran under configuration such as

<Location /pgc >
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler PGC:;Handler
</Location>

however when we try to use

<Location / >
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler PGC:;Handler
</Location>

we hit a problem.

See the following URls and CGI envs...

Url             SCRIPT_NAME     PATH_INFO
--------------- --------------- ----------------
/
/aaaa           /aaaa
/aaaa/          /aaaa           /
/aaaa/bbb       /aaaa           /bbb

for the folowing config

<Location /aaaa >
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler PGC:;Handler
</Location>

we get pretty similar CGI envs

The problem is that we expect everything after / to be
part of PATH_INFO - from the CGI env it is not possible
to tell if we are trying to exclude /aaaa from the dynamic part of
the URL or whether Apache/mod_perl has decided to moe this part
of the URl into the script name.

Any suggestions are welcome.

FYI: we have currently modified the sstem to include our own TransHandler
however for various reasons this is not an ideal solution...

Jacqui

Re: Adding a mod_perl / handler gives odd SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO...

Posted by darren chamberlain <da...@boston.com>.
                    ^
> </Location>
 * snip *
                    ^
> </Location>
* snip *
                    ^
> </Location>

Are these typos in your email or your config?

(darren)

--
The world is coming to an end!  Repent and return those library books!