Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/29 14:18:10 UTC

Re: svn commit: r939297 - /commons/sandbox/commons-math_l10n/trunk/

On 29/04/2010, erans@apache.org <er...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: erans
>  Date: Thu Apr 29 12:12:17 2010
>  New Revision: 939297

>  Log:
>  Copy of current revision.

I thought the idea was to create a sandbox of just the cal10n sample,
at least initially.

That will make it much easier to see what is going on.

Having the whole of Math is unnecessary intially, and perhaps ever.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/04/2010, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> > > I don't understand.  What more will you have with a copy there of only the
>  > >  files that are already available on JIRA?
>  >
>  > Being able to build it with IDEs and run tests using IDEs or Maven.
>  > Easier to collaborate on changes.
>

> But you'll be able to do that with the whole thing too.

But it's harder to see the detail if there are lots of classes present.

>  The alternative means that I have to select by hand which files to copy and
>  check that the selection is self-consistent.

I think you only need to copy one or two classes to show the principle.

Try it and see.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
> > I don't understand.  What more will you have with a copy there of only the
> >  files that are already available on JIRA?
>
> Being able to build it with IDEs and run tests using IDEs or Maven.
> Easier to collaborate on changes.

But you'll be able to do that with the whole thing too.
The alternative means that I have to select by hand which files to copy and
check that the selection is self-consistent. Whereas I thought to start from

Posted by lu...@free.fr.
----- "sebb" <se...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 29/04/2010, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> > > I thought the idea was to create a sandbox of just the cal10n
> sample,
> >  > at least initially.
> >  >
> >  > That will make it much easier to see what is going on.
> >  >
> >  > Having the whole of Math is unnecessary intially, and perhaps
> ever.
> >

> > I don't understand.  What more will you have with a copy there of
> only the
> >  files that are already available on JIRA?
>
> Being able to build it with IDEs and run tests using IDEs or Maven.
> Easier to collaborate on changes.

I second that.

Luc

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.