Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Li Ma <li...@idealtechs.com> on 2005/01/26 22:32:45 UTC

ClassLoader question

Hi there,

I embedded Tomcat Embedded edition into my app. Here's a brief folder
structureof my app:

/
  	lib
  	bin
	Tomcat
		lib
		webapps
			myapp
				WEB-INF
					lib

I create a classloader to automatically load jars from lib, bin and
Tomcat/lib. But after myapp is started, it complains that class
org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory is not found. I'm sure the class is in
/lib/commons-logging.jar which should be loaded by my classloader.

I think it might have something to do with Tomcat's classloader hierarchy. I
read the related article a few times, didn't find any solution for my
problem. Since my app needs about 100 jars to start, a customized
classloader will help a lot for easy deployment. Anybody has similar
experience?

Thanks!

Li Ma
Ideal Technologies Inc.