Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Paul Tyson <ph...@sbcglobal.net> on 2015/10/14 05:05:56 UTC

fuseki 2.3.0 under tomcat SSL

Fuseki 2.3.0 is installed in tomcat 8 with SSL configured.

When trying to add a dataset through the admin console, it fails with
message "Not found".

The URL it is POSTing to looks like:

https://server.example.com/fuseki/443//server.example.com:/fuseki/$/datasets

Any ideas about the cause or solution to this problem?

When running without SSL, it works fine.

Thanks,
--Paul

Re: fuseki 2.3.0 under tomcat SSL

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Paul,

I have managed to reconstruct this.

It only happens when operations are on the default part for the protocol
(Tomcat on http 80 also shows the same thing).

Explicitly naming the default port does not seem to help because
browsers "helpfully" remove it.

JENA-1050 (and JENA-868, related but slightly different).

There is now a development build with fixes (v2.3.1-SNAPSHOT, build 45
or later).

Caution: it is safer to test by starting with a clean server and then
configure a dataset.  Configurations from previous version (up to 2.3.0)
should work but the internals of this area have changed for unrelated
reasons.

This is both a change to the server java code and the UI javascript.

Browsers caching of javascript can hide the fixes. Part of the fix is a
javascript change and browsers aggressively cache JS files.  Tomcat
restart is also needed (file caching server side) as well as a new
Fuseki war file.

	Andy

[*] Develoment build - not an official release.
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/apache-jena-fuseki/2.3.1-SNAPSHOT/

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi  Paul,

Posted by Paul Tyson <ph...@sbcglobal.net>.