Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/02 23:31:29 UTC

Re: [VOTE] sponsor ActiveMQ & ServiceMix to become sub-projects of Geronimo

My day to look at incubator proposals... ;-)

James,
FYI, the ServiceMix proposal contains the following:

The Geronimo project is currently using ServiceMix as its JBI
container which is integrated into the Geronimo deployer.

At some point-in-time, this was true. However, to my knowledge, there
is no use of ServiceMix in Geronimo 1.0 or the current branches/1.0
or trunk.

--kevan

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr>.
I have worked on integrating the latest version of servicemix some weeks
ago (in december).
The gbeans / plan are in

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-gbean/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/gbean/

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-gplan/src/plan/
The plan is pre-1.0, so it will certainly need some minor modifications.

If the community think they should be located in geronimo modules, i can
happily move them.
I have never made a commit in geronimo itself (not sure I have karma to
do so), but I'm glad
to reintegrate ServiceMix inside geronimo.
Should i put them in the geronimo build and add a dependency on
servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT ?
In 1.0 branch or trunk ? or both ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
This is a very old vote.  At the time of that vote, Geronimo included
service-mix.  Service-mix was removed from the Geronimo 1.0 release
at the last minute by request of the service-mix team.  They decided
to wait until they had better integration with the newest version of
service-mix ready.  I fully expect to see service-mix reintegrated
before 1.1 ships.

-dain