Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mickey Mokotov <mi...@fetchbook.info> on 2004/09/14 15:03:20 UTC

[math] Suggestion: adding genetic algo framework to the commons-math

Hi fellows,

I wanted to suggest adding a genetic algorithm framework to commons-math.

In two words, a genetic algorithm is a technique for finding an 'optimum'
(or good enough points) over a very large discrete space (or radically
non-continuous functions over continuous space).
It is commonly used for many real-life heavy data analyzing applications
(bioinformatics, physics, ...).
For more information, you can take a look at
http://www.generation5.org/content/2000/ga.asp

Regards,
Mickey Mokotov.

--
 <http://www.fetchbook.info/> www.FetchBook.Info
Find the lowest price - Compare more then a hundred book stores in a click.

Re: [math] Suggestion: adding genetic algo framework to the commons-math

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
+1 from me (i.e., I like the idea and will help).  I will add this to the
Wiki WishList

Phil