Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dirk Reiss <d....@tu-bs.de> on 2003/05/27 23:18:04 UTC

Server.Exception / NullPointerException

Hello,

i have soap install with tomcat 4.1.24. when i send this envelope:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <page />
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

to the messagerouter, i get back the following:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:</faultcode>
<faultstring>java.lang.NullPointerException</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/servlet/messagerouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

i does not make a difference if i have deployed my class to
the servlet or not, i only get this error.

this is very urgent, please have any idea....

thanks in advance,
dirk

Re: Server.Exception / NullPointerException

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Apache SOAP uses the namespace of the first child of <SOAP-ENV:Body>
to determine the service to invoke.  This is sometimes referred to as
the target URI.  As such, the request you show *should* return a SOAP
fault, but it certainly should be something more useful than an NPE!
I am changing the code in CVS for both the message router and RPC
router servlets.

Thanks.

On 27 May 2003 at 23:18, Dirk Reiss wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have soap install with tomcat 4.1.24. when i send this envelope:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>     <page />
>   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
>
> to the messagerouter, i get back the following:
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
> <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
> <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:</faultcode>
> <faultstring>java.lang.NullPointerException</faultstring>
> <faultactor>/soap/servlet/messagerouter</faultactor>
> </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
> </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
>
> i does not make a difference if i have deployed my class to
> the servlet or not, i only get this error.
>
> this is very urgent, please have any idea....
>
> thanks in advance,
> dirk

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.