Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/25 02:09:26 UTC

Couple of questions on website contents

I have a few questions on the contents of the website in the master branch :

Initial page:

 - What's the intention of the section just above the social banner ? I
noticed it was actually a copy of a section from the community page, but it
looks like the content was duplicated and not extracted to a banner, and I
have changed the one in community to what I think it better clarifies the
mailing list, but I am not sure if that's the same intent of the banner on
the initial page.

Navigation Menu:
- The community navigation seems to have gone wild with a few duplications.
We have source code and github links, which are both the same. We also have
the community get involved link that includes a list of committers using
the new design format, but there is also a link to project committers that
include the old page listing all committers.

Once we resolve the items above (which are more like cleanups), I think we
might be at a point where we could publish these latest updates to the live
website.

Thoughts ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: Couple of questions on website contents

Posted by Felix Schüler <fs...@posteo.de>.
I love the new look & feel of the website and tutorials! (even though there is no Scala in the animation anymore :( )

I explored the website a little bit further and noticed that the docs haven't benefittet from the awesome redesign (yet). Is this planned to change?

Also, I want to bring up versioning of the docs again. When hovering over the docs button, a submenu with release versions for the docs could be available. This would also avoid having to annotate our MLContext API with 'NEW API' and 'OLD API'.
The version of the docs that is packaged in our release could just be used for the respective version of the docs on the website and updated from master if corrections happen between releases.

And finally, think it would be good to have a way of getting back to the main website from the docs with a home button or something.

Besides that, thanks for the great work!
Felix

Posted by Jason Azares <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback Mike. We are working on making the website
responsive.

Posted by du...@gmail.com.

Posted by Dexter Lesaca <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Couple of questions on website contents

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Couple of questions on website contents

Posted by Jason Azares <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deron,

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,