Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kurisu QT <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/19 21:23:06 UTC

Tomcat 3.3.1/IIS5 - port 80 issues

This question has been asked a lot - and i've read through all of the documentation and posts out there - but i'm still unable to recieve servlet requests from IIS on port 80.  (i'd use apache if I could, but don't have a choice - so IIS and Tomcat it is.)

I do have some questions that weren't answered in what i've read and I was hoping if someone could let me know if this might have anything to do w/ the port 80 issue:

ISAPI filter: after creating the virtual directory 'jakarta' within the web site, should another application mapping be added that would map the isapi_redirect.dll to .class files on GET and POST?  Or should the basic configs do?  Additionally, I've seen suggestions stating that the ISAPI filter should be added to the website (ex: default web site) properties AND to the actual web server.  Can someone verify which is correct. (currently i have mine sitting in the web server properties with the other filters.. when i move it to the defaultwebsite, it's not found).

If the problem doesn't fall within any of the questions I had, then any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-chris