Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2018/02/01 13:45:24 UTC

Re: drop scala....version from artifact ;)

I think it's not wise to remove the Scala suffix. When using the Flink Runner you have to make sure that the Scala version matches the Scala version of the Flink Cluster. And I think comparing the suffix of your flink-runner dependency and the suffix of your Flink dist is an easy way of doing that.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Flink, Gearpump, Spark, and GCE provisioning are affected by this "issue".
Dropping it if we never manage 2 versions is nicer for end users IMHO but
I'm fine keeping it. Just would like to ensure it is uniform accross the
whole projet.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.