Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by lh...@propappr.marion.fl.us on 2005/10/31 14:36:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache stops listening

Apache 2.0.54
PHP 4.3.3
Windows 2003

About once a week or so Apache just stops listening and we have to restart
the Apache service.  I had found in one of my php scripts a problem with
some database calls.  The result set was being populated over and over
again in a loop that may occur several thousand times.  I added an unset to
the bottom of the loop and we went from having this problem on almost a
daily basis to about once a week.  I just went through my php code with a
fine tooth comb and found one other spot that this may be occuring and
changed it.  I am hoping this will fix our problem.  Has anyone seen this
problem before?  Am I on the right track?  Also, I am considering setting
up a scheduled event to restart Apache at 2AM every morning.  Do you think
this might help?

Thanks,

Lee Herbst
Senior Programmer/Analyst