Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io> on 2015/05/07 21:02:07 UTC

Pending Test Migration - Hold Source Code Changes?

The initial drop of source for Geode does not contain most of the tests.
The GemFire team is working on making those tests available. I created an
issue to track this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6

I propose that we don't put any *source code* changes into master or
develop until the tests are available to validate those changes. This
shouldn't block the minor build related changes. But for example I think
this PR changing the REST code should probably wait -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-geode/pull/2

Speaking of a develop branch, the current master branch represents a fairly
stable codebase. If we are going to adopt the gitflow process, we should
create a develop branch. When do we want to do that?

-Dan

Re: Pending Test Migration - Hold Source Code Changes?

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 07/05/2015 20:42, Pid ster wrote:
>> On 7 May 2015, at 20:17, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>> The initial drop of source for Geode does not contain most of the tests.
>>> The GemFire team is working on making those tests available. I created an
>>> issue to track this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6
>>>
>>> I propose that we don't put any *source code* changes into master or
>>> develop until the tests are available to validate those changes. This
>>> shouldn't block the minor build related changes. But for example I think
>>> this PR changing the REST code should probably wait -
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-geode/pull/2
>>
>> Agreed.
>>
>>> Speaking of a develop branch, the current master branch represents a fairly
>>> stable codebase. If we are going to adopt the gitflow process, we should
>>> create a develop branch. When do we want to do that?
>>
>> Anytime really ;-) But practically speaking, once all of your accounts get
>> active. Or at least the account of whoever is going to create the branch ;-)
>
> If I push the gitignore change later that will do it.

Done.

--

[key:62590808]

Re: Pending Test Migration - Hold Source Code Changes?

Posted by Pid ster <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.