Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/10/26 14:52:03 UTC

Components in JIRA

Hi Folks,

I just created some more components so that we can track specific issues
better in JIRA.

I created:
Parser Library - Expat,
Parser Library - Xerces,
Parser Library - XML4C,

Question - can I delete the current component -> XML parser abstraction
layer  - is this now encapsulated in the three above?

I also created the component "Transport (original and libwww)"
Question - Can we delete the old transport (not libwww?) or do we still
think it's useful? (Sorry, if this has been asked before !)

I also created:

Build - ANT
Build - Libtools

thanks,
John.

       ComponentBasic Architecture (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentBuild - ANT (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentBuild - libtools (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentConfiguration (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentDeployment / Registries (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentDocumentation (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentOld Transports (original and libwww) (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentParser Layer - Expat (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentParser Layer - Xerces (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentParser Layer - XML4C (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentPerformance (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentSamples (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentSerialization/Deserialization (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentTransport (Client) (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentTransport (Server) (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentWSDD Processing (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentWSDL generation (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentWSDL processing (Delete | Edit)
       ComponentXML parser abstraction layer (Delete | Edit)

John Hawkins

Re: Components in JIRA

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

I did mention this in my original note ->

> > I also created the component "Transport (original and libwww)"
> > Question - Can we delete the old transport (not libwww?) or do we still
> > think it's useful? (Sorry, if this has been asked before !)

I agree - I think we can get rid of the old transport. We should leave
libww for a while and see if anyone uses or fixes it.

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
             28/10/2004 03:20          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Components in JIRA
             Developers List"

Hi John,
    I was just wondering if we should have seperate components in Jira for
different transport
implementations.
e.g.                Transport (Client - axis)
              Transport (Client - axis2)
              Transport (Client - LibWWW)

This would make our life easy when tracking issues.

Additonaly we could make a dicision as to whether we are going to maintain
axis (old) transport
any further. ( I think it is an extra buden for us)

Thoughts please...

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>     Re: Question on XML parser abstraction layer
> Expat, Xerces and XML4C are implementations of the bastraction layer API
(defined in
> src/xml/XMLParser.h). There could be issues related to the API
independent of specific parser
> implementation. Hence I think "XML parser abstraction layer" should be
there (We could rename it
> to , say "XML parser abstraction layer API")
>
>     Re: Question on Transport component
> Similar to paser abstraction API, we have Transport abstraction API.
Hence I think we have to

Re: Components in JIRA

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi John,

Re: Components in JIRA

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Agreed!

> [...]

> > > I also created the component "Transport (original and libwww)"
> > > Question - Can we delete the old transport (not libwww?) or do we still
> > > think it's useful? (Sorry, if this has been asked before !)
> > >

> > > I also created:
> > >
> > > Build - ANT
> > > Build - Libtools
> > >

> > > thanks,
> > > John.

> > >        ComponentBasic Architecture (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentBuild - ANT (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentBuild - libtools (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentConfiguration (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentDeployment / Registries (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentDocumentation (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentOld Transports (original and libwww) (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentParser Layer - Expat (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentParser Layer - Xerces (Delete | Edit)
> >
> > >        ComponentParser Layer - XML4C (Delete | Edit)

=== message truncated ===

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Components in JIRA

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

That case I suggest we kill the API component.

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
             28/10/2004 11:13          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Components in JIRA
             Developers List"

Hi John,

    Yes we could create an issue relating it to more than one component in
Jira.

Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Samisa,
>
> I think that I can create an issue in JIRA that has several components
> can't I? Otherwise fine let's do what you say in both cases.
>
> John Hawkins
>

>              Samisa Abeysinghe

>              <samisa_abeysingh

>              e@yahoo.com>