Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/11/22 08:37:39 UTC

Re: [admin] Press release quote from the Batik team.

> So, one of us could do a quote. I think one option is to do a group
> quote (it is probably less conventional, but I like the idea of making
> a group statement).

I like this option and I think it really shows that all of us (even if we are
working for different companies) are really working on an open source project
and that we are part of the same team.

> "Batik provides building blocks that developers can assemble in
> various ways in their Java technology applications to generate,
> parse, view or convert SVG contents. For example, Batik contains
> a Swing component that can add SVG viewing capability to all Java
> technology applications. Batik can also be used to generate SVG on
> a client or on a server, and Batik can convert SVG content into
> other formats such as JPEG or PNG. Batik's goal is to make it easy
> for application developers to handle SVG content for various
> purposes, client-side or server-side", says the Batik team.

I agree with Bill's update proposal.

Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann