Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Em DauPhu <em...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/26 16:51:17 UTC

maven plugin phase binding

Hi,

I use a plugin which is attached to the phase "validate" (I want it to be
executed at the very beginning - not first but at the beginning).
I can see <phase>validate</phase> in the plugin.xml descriptor.

In my maven build, it is called a lot of times (e.g. before report goal,
findbugs, cobertura, javadocs...)

Should I bind the plugin to another phase or is there something else I don't
see?
Thanks

Re: maven plugin phase binding

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Some plugins fork the lifecycle... you could look into MavenSession to see
if you can cache the fact that you've run already and therefore skip the
subsequent invocations