Posted to user@struts.apache.org by dh...@lexmark.com on 2001/06/13 18:36:14 UTC

Iterate tag update?

I have a question similar to Mark Kettner's.

Could someone give an update on the iterate tag, and where it stands with the
ability to get hold of the current index.

I need to have each field in each table row with a different name (ie include
the index in it) to reference particular one using javascript.

do I need a custom tag for this, or is one available?

thanks very much,

Dave

Re: Iterate tag update?

Posted by frank waldheim <wi...@wunder-nett.org>.
* Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>  2001-06-13 (21:42:47):

> I just checked in a change to the iterate tag which allows you to access the
> current index as a scripting variable. If you specify the 'indexId'
> attribute, a scripting variable with the specified name will contain the
> current index (as an Integer) on each iteration. This will be available in
> the 6/14 nightly build, and also in Struts 1.0.

i think this is exactly what i needed recently..after all i cannot
follow 100percently right now. would be great if you can post
a snippet where you do such a iteration and use this feature.
thx alot.
		 - fw

--
 \|/ ____ \|/ ----------(wintermute@wunder-nett.org)-------------