Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Clinton Davidson <Cl...@plumtree.com> on 2004/09/21 23:52:36 UTC

JAAS issue with Tomcat 5

I am trying to set up JAAS with Tomcat 5, using Axis to authenticate. My
sample app using Axis works find in the common\lib directory (where all
the jars for the JAAS authentication have been placed) but when I try to
run it from Tomcat, I get the following error:

- Factory
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet Ignored:
missing required method: public static EngineConfigurationFactory
newFactory(Object).

- Factory
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryDefault Ignored:
missing required method: public static EngineConfigurationFactory
newFactory(Object).

- Unable to locate a valid EngineConfigurationFactory

When I look into the jars, they have the methods in question. When I
googled on this error someone seemed to think it was a classloading
issue (although that was not Tomcat).

Are there any special restrictions when using JAAS? I'm assuming any
classes/jars I have should go into the common/classes and common/lib
directory.

When tracing the LoginModule, I am getting all the expected values- i.e.
everything is fine unti it tries to use Axis.

TIA

-Clinton