Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "O'Shea, Sean" <Se...@fmr.com> on 2006/10/27 16:55:08 UTC

Struts 1.3.5 build

Hi there,

I'm investigating into how I can migrate from struts 1.2.9 to struts
1.3.5. I've checked out the release notes at
http://struts.apache.org/1.x/userGuide/release-notes.html and I notice
that the entire struts distribution is now built using Maven 2.

I was previously using ANT to build struts using the sample build.xml
which comes packaged with the 1.2.9 distribution. I added some of my own
pre-processing steps in the 1.2.9 the build.xml which I need to
replicate if I want to move to struts 1.3.5.

Is it possible to build the struts core package using ANT? I'd prefer to
stay with ANT rather than introduce Maven 2 into my build.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sean

Re: Struts 1.3.5 build

Posted by Li <am...@gmail.com>.
you can build with ant ... maven 2 is easier

> On 10/27/06, O'Shea, Sean <Se...@fmr.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to build the struts core package using ANT? I'd prefer to
> > stay with ANT rather than introduce Maven 2 into my build.
>
> I haven't tried to use the files it generates, but Maven can generate
> Ant build files:
>
> $ mvn ant:ant
>
> Maybe that will get you started.
>
> --
> Wendy

When we invent time, we invent death.

Re: Struts 1.3.5 build

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts 1.3.5 build

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Sean

Re-factoring a pom into build.xml?
From what Ive seen thus far maven2 treats ant tasks as throwaway tasks 'wrapped' as a plugin
there also seems to be a bit of a wrestling match with respect to handling the number of repository configurations with respect to repositories such as
localRepository
mirrorRepository
jdkRepository
which identify the location rom where maven2 pulls respective functional jars..

Did you try the ant-users list user@ant.apache.org?

Martin --
Information in this message, including attachments, is intended only for the confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an Attorney-Client communication and as such is privileged and confidential.
If you are not an intended recipient of this message, or an agent responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient
, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error, that any review, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately, delete the message, and return any hard copy print-outs.
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
conte