Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2010/01/28 17:42:10 UTC

0.6RC4 available [Was: 0.6 Release - Query]

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 16:30 +0000, Marnie McCormack wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Just wondering if you have plans for a final (?) RC now that the blockers on
> the 0.6. scope have been resolved/applied.

Oops,

I put up an RC4 on Tuesday, I just forgot to tell anyone about it!

As usual you'll find it at:

http://qpid.apache.org/dist/qpid-0.6rc4

I'd like to start the voting process right away, can someone point me to
the rules?

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: 0.6RC4 available [Was: 0.6 Release - Query]

Posted by "Cliff Jansen (Interop Systems Inc)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
> The WCF client zip doesn't contain any license info; I believe that is a
> requirement for any release artefact.

Thank-you for pointing out that serious oversight.  I will submit a patch asap.

Cliff

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
You can get a Rat binary (2.2MB) at:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/rat/binaries/apache-rat-incubating-0.6-bin.tar.gz

Don't believe you'll need it now but for reference, Maven binary (2.7MB) available at:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/maven/binaries/apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.tar.gz

Robbie

<snip>

> I've looked at rat and I'm put off to see that it needs maven to build
> (huge download under Fedora) and as you say the documentaion seems to
> be
> pants.

<snip>

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 13:00 +0000, Marnie McCormack wrote:
> The docs are a bit ropey but I'm *fairly* sure it checks licenses. Anyone
> confirm ?

I've looked at rat and I'm put off to see that it needs maven to build
(huge download under Fedora) and as you say the documentaion seems to be
pants.

If someone else would like to run rat against the 0.6rc5 packages I'd be
very happy to let them.

Andrew

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
http://incubator.apache.org/rat/

Can a previous rel manager tell Andrew some more (I can't rem that far back
as M1 !) - the website is rubbish.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 01/29/2010 03:51 PM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 11:31 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 01/28/2010 04:42 PM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
>>> I put up an RC4 on Tuesday, I just forgot to tell anyone about it!
>>>
>>> As usual you'll find it at:
>>>
>>> http://qpid.apache.org/dist/qpid-0.6rc4
>>
>> The release notes appear unchanged and still refer to M4. I won't myself
>> block release for that, but if have checked in corrections - so that the
>> information is at least not embarrassingly stale even if it is not very
>> informative - if there is a desire to fix that.
>
> As I said several times before, I do not have enough time to go through
> and do comprehensive release notes, as I've received exactly 3 lines of
> release notes I've not done anything yet. - they won't happen unless
> other people contribute. I can certainly remove erroneous references to
> M4 though.

Understood and I'm not asking for any thing comprehensive. I have
already checked in corrections to remove the M4 references.

>> The WCF client zip doesn't contain any license info; I believe that is a
>> requirement for any release artefact. On that topic are there any
>> updates we need to make to any of the other licensing notices?
>> I get cluster_test failures (on fedora 12) when running this:
>>
>>> 0%   10   20   30   40   50   60   70   80   90   100%
>>> |----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|
>>> Running 48 test cases...
>>> *****************unknown location(0): fatal error in "testReconnectSameSessionName": child was killed; pid: 31726; uid: 500; exit value: 9
>>> ClusterFailover.cpp(61): last checkpoint
>>> ******2010-01-29 11:14:11 warning Connection closed
>>> ********unknown location(0): fatal error in "testConnectionKnownHosts": child was killed; pid: 32483; uid: 500; exit value: 9
>>> cluster_test.cpp(537): last checkpoint
>>> *unknown location(0): fatal error in "testUpdateConsumers": memory access violation at address: 0x07d5ddbc: invalid permissions
>>> cluster_test.cpp(537): last checkpoint
>>> *********************************
>>> *** 3 failures detected in test suite "Master Test Suite"
>>> FAIL: run_cluster_test
>>
>> However the same errors appear for rc3 as well, so its not a regression
>> since then.
>
> This is an issue I fixed on trunk last week - I don't think it was
> reported in Jira. Its actually a problem with the tests code rather than
> the code itself.
>
> Fixed in r903008

Great, we can ignore that then.

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
The release notes should be generated out of JIRA for 0.6. items imho -
certainly for the Java items.

Highlights can of course be hand crafted if desired by anyone.

Marnie

Posted by "Cliff Jansen (Interop Systems Inc)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
> Please apply QPID-2378 to the 0.6 branch to pick up the WCF client
> specific release notes

I'm sorry.  I mean QPID-2313.

Cliff

My deepest apologies for missing the Licensing files outage.  I have
attached patches to QPID-2378 to fix this.

> As I said several times before, I do not have enough time to go
> through and do comprehensive release notes, as I've received exactly 3
> lines of release notes I've not done anything yet.

Please apply QPID-2378 to the 0.6 branch to pick up the WCF client
specific release notes which describe planned features, build
instructions, transaction configuration settings, and known issues.

Thanks.

Cliff

RE: 0.6RC4 available [Was: 0.6 Release - Query]

Posted by "Cliff Jansen (Interop Systems Inc)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.