Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Rick Kitts <ri...@digitalthink.com> on 2001/02/02 23:56:54 UTC

Proper use of faultcode?

I'm in the process of designing some SOAP stuff and got
confused when it comes to faults. In reading section 4.4
I took it to mean that application errors are to be handled
via faults with a faultcode of the form "Client.<whatever>".
I presume this is in leiu of, say, using return values.

Is this an accurate interpretation of the spec? If it is
I can't see how to support faults in apache soap without
handling the protocol myself without mucking with
things like RPCRouter and some ofthe provider stuff.

---Rick