Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/30 10:50:52 UTC

Changes disappear in Kupu on Save

This is a very random behavior. Sometime this has got corrected if I close and
open a new browser session. At times, I have to restart Lenya server. Is there
any way to correct this? Thanks!

Re: Changes disappear in Kupu on Save

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.
 <solprovider <at> apache.org> writes:
>         if(resolver != null)
>             cocoon.releaseComponent(resolver);
> //Add final return
>     }
> //Add default return (should be unreachable if final return is added.)
> }
>
> We need the to solve the exception that was caught.
> Where does cocoon.log.error() write?
>
> solprovider

Thanks for looking at this. The only log file I see is WEB-INF\logs\log4j.log
which does not seem to have any pertinent information.
Do I need to enable logging (in logkit.xconf?)? The documentation on that was
not very helpful, so I am in the dark as to how to do that.

Re: Changes disappear in Kupu on Save

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 1/15/06, Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I still am encountering this issue - though less frequently (but is
> undoubtedly very frustrating when a CMS cannot do a basic save of change).
> This is a part of error message that I had seen using httplook when I saved
> (and it it did not save):
>
> "full exception chain stacktrace">org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
> <map:call function> did not send a response, at file:/C:/lenya/apache-
> lenya-1.2.4/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecases/kupu/usecase-kupu.xmap:255:49
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invoke
> (CallFunctionNode.java:137)
>         at......"

The JS function editdocument() never returns.  Every flow path should
end with a cocoon.sendPage() or equivalent.  catch(exception) does not
return properly.  You could add better returns, but they would only
inform about the issue, not solve it.
FILE: webapp/lenya/usecases/edit-document.js

function editDocument() {
    try {
        var flowHelper = new FlowHelper();
[...]
        if(hasWorkflow)
            flowHelper.triggerWorkflow(cocoon,
_getParameter("workflowEvent", "edit"));

//Good returns
        if(_getParameter("noStatus", "false") == "false")
            cocoon.sendStatus(_getParameter("status", 204));
        else
            cocoon.redirectTo(_getParameter("redirectUrl", "FIXME"));
    } catch (exception) {
        cocoon.log.error("Can not edit doucment.", exception);
//Add return error
    } finally {

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.
> > Can you please check with your editors what exactly did they do to rectify
> > this issue. I am facing this issue almost all the time. For the same
content
> > (very simple addition of othermple text), it sometimes works, sometimes it
> > does not. Sometimes it saves using IE, but then wouldn't do it. So I try
> > upding it with using Firefox, when it will work. But at other times, it
just
> > does not save. I am sure there must be a way, or something that I am doing
> > wrong. I am on Lenya 1.2.4. Thanks much!!
> >
> I modified this file \webapp\lenya\usecases\kupu\usecase-kupu.xmap like this:
> towards the end, made <map:parameter name="useBuffer" value-"false"/> from
> default which was "true".
> Also, in \webapp\lenya\resources\kupu\cnf\xmlconfig.kupu, towards the end, I
> changed <reload_after_save> to 1 (instead of 0).
>
> So far my Save issue seems to have disappeared. I will update this thread if
> still see the issue.

Hi,
I still am encountering this issue - though less frequently (but is
undoubtedly very frustrating when a CMS cannot do a basic save of change).
This is a part of error message that I had seen using httplook when I saved
(and it it did not save):

"full exception chain stacktrace">org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
&lt;map:call function&gt; did not send a response, at file:/C:/lenya/apache-
lenya-1.2.4/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecases/kupu/usecase-kupu.xmap:255:49
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invoke
(CallFunctionNode.java:137)
	at......"

Would really appreciate help from the experts to help me troubleshoot this
issue.

Re: Changes disappear in Kupu on Save

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Rovi <ro1vi-cms <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Mike M. <lenya5 <at> mordent.com> writes:
>

> > Rovi <ro1vi-cms <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> >

> > > Sorry for the confusion - the changes are NOT saved. I have tried
> refreshing
> > > the browser as well. This issue is very randon. Sometimes, whatever I
> might
> > > do, it will not go away. Sometimes I can edit a number of pages without
> any
> > > issue.
> > >

> > We had this same problem.  For us though it was that people were editing in
> > source mode and they were putting in bad html.  Whenever kupu has bad
xhtml
> and
> > you try to save, it doesn't even warn you, it just ignores you and reloads
> the
> > old version and you lose everything you just did.  At least it used to; I
> > haven't heard any of our editors mention it for awhile; maybe they've
learned
> > their lesson or the problem went away when we updated to 1.2.3...
> >
> > -mm
> >
> Can you please check with your editors what exactly did they do to rectify
> this issue. I am facing this issue almost all the time. For the same content
> (very simple addition of othermple text), it sometimes works, sometimes it
> does not. Sometimes it saves using IE, but then wouldn't do it. So I try
> upding it with using Firefox, when it will work. But at other times, it just
> does not save. I am sure there must be a way, or something that I am doing
> wrong. I am on Lenya 1.2.4. Thanks much!!

I modified this file \webapp\lenya\usecases\kupu\usecase-kupu.xmap like this:
towards the end, made <map:parameter name="useBuffer" value-"false"/> from
default which was "true".
Also, in \webapp\lenya\resources\kupu\cnf\xmlconfig.kupu, towards the end, I
changed <reload_after_save> to 1 (instead of 0).

So far my Save issue seems to have disappeared. I will update this thread if I
still see the issue.

Re: Changes disappear in Kupu on Save

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Mike M." <le...@mordent.com>.

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by stevecam <st...@geometryit.com>.
I am seeing this error, reported some time back, in Lenya 1.2.

The editDocument() routine in webapps\lenya\lenya\usecases\edit_document.js
is giving an Exception on trying to save modifications to a file a second
time around.

Note: I had to change the logging call to get a message in the logfile as
below;

    	  //cocoon.log.error("Can not edit document.", exception);
        cocoon.log.error("Can not edit document: "  + exception.toString());

The error message I am seeing is as below:

ERROR flow.invoke0():?  - Can not edit document: JavaException:
java.io.IOException: Could not rename
C:\tomcat\webapps\lenya\lenya\pubs\tlp\content\authoring\index\index_en.xml.tmp
C:\tomcat\webapps\lenya\lenya\pubs\tlp\content\authoring\index\index_en.xml

This is being caused by the call below;

        SourceUtil.copy(resolver, cocoon.parameters["sourceUri"], dstUri,
_getParameter("useBuffer", "false") == "true");

which is to the static method in
org.apache.lenya.cms.cocoon.source.SourceUtil.

There is no actual index_en.xml.tmp file being left behind.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Steve Cameron