Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Braim <ma...@braim.be> on 2004/12/20 18:16:07 UTC

Using Maven without CVS.

Hi everybody,

I'm just downloaded maven installed it and created my first site. My
project.xml file is below.

Now, I want to try maeven on a small project. I don't want to use plugin
for editor who support directly maven or something like that but I want
to write the project.xml file by hands.

I have a project:
The sources are in the folder -> c:\test\project001\src

Can someone help me to create a site using this source folder ?
_____________________
<project>
    <id>001</id>
    <name>Maven - Test - 001 </name>
    <currentVersion>0.0.1</currentVersion>
    <shortDescription>Maven - Test - 001 </shortDescription>
    <inceptionYear>2004</inceptionYear>
    <developers>
      <developer>
        <id>Braim</id>
        <name>Braim</name>
        <email>developpez@braim.be</email>
      </developer>
    </developers>

    <organization>
       <name>Braim</name>
    </organization>
</project>

Re: Using Maven without CVS.

Posted by Geoffrey <jc...@hotmail.com>.
Check out the build entity in the project.xml:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html#build

in the project entity add something like:
<build>
<sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
</build>

Just take a look in the webCVS of any of the misc/powered by maven projects
:)
For example this is a project.xml of a J2SE app:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/networktools/networktools/project.xml?rev=1.10&view=auto

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey