Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by mindspin311 <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 20:50:39 UTC

locked files.. svn cleanup doesn't work

First off, here's a bit of info on my local repository. I'm new to svn.. Just
trying to get acquainted with it.

svn, version 1.4.2 (r22196)
   compiled Nov 20 2006, 07:17:32

repository at ~/newrepos
sandbox at ~/sandbox/newrepos

I can run svn updates on blah and build.xml.2.3, but something is wrong with
test.. it's missing some stuff in the .svn directory, and I don't know why.
It's listed in the repository also..

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn status
  L    .
  L    test

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn list
blah/
build.xml.2.3/
test/

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ ls
blah  build.xml.2.3  test

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn up
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ cd blah/

[xx@zend01 blah]$ svn up
At revision 3.

[xx@zend01 blah]$ cd ..

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ cd build.xml.2.3/

[xx@zend01 build.xml.2.3]$ svn up
At revision 3.

[xx@zend01 build.xml.2.3]$ cd ..

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ cd test/

[xx@zend01 test]$ svn up
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

[xx@zend01 test]$ svn cleanup
svn: Can't open directory '.svn/tmp': No such file or directory

[xx@zend01 test]$ ls -a .svn
.  ..  entries  format  lock

[xx@zend01 test]$ cd ..

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ ls -a .svn
.  ..  entries  format  lock  prop-base  props  text-base  tmp

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn up
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn cleanup
svn: Can't open directory 'test/.svn/tmp': No such file or directory

If I try to remove test.. it says it's locked. I removed it in the
repository.. and it was ok. I had to manually delete test from the sandbox,
and now I get this...

[xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn st
  L    .
!      test

I tried checking out a new copy somewhere else and it didn't have test and
worked fine. How do I fix the current one I have? Why can't I use svn
cleanup to unlock????

Re: locked files.. svn cleanup doesn't work

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 9, 2008, at 3:50 PM, mindspin311 wrote:

> repository at ~/newrepos
> sandbox at ~/sandbox/newrepos
>
> I can run svn updates on blah and build.xml.2.3, but something is
> wrong with
> test.. it's missing some stuff in the .svn directory, and I don't
> know why.
> It's listed in the repository also..
>

> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn status
>   L    .
>   L    test
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn list
> blah/
> build.xml.2.3/
> test/
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ ls
> blah  build.xml.2.3  test
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn up
> svn: Working copy '.' locked
> svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
> details)
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ cd blah/
>
> [xx@zend01 blah]$ svn up
> At revision 3.
>
> [xx@zend01 blah]$ cd ..
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ cd build.xml.2.3/
>
> [xx@zend01 build.xml.2.3]$ svn up
> At revision 3.
>
> [xx@zend01 build.xml.2.3]$ cd ..
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ cd test/
>
> [xx@zend01 test]$ svn up
> svn: Working copy '.' locked
> svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
> details)
>
> [xx@zend01 test]$ svn cleanup
> svn: Can't open directory '.svn/tmp': No such file or directory
>
> [xx@zend01 test]$ ls -a .svn
> .  ..  entries  format  lock
>
> [xx@zend01 test]$ cd ..
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ ls -a .svn
> .  ..  entries  format  lock  prop-base  props  text-base  tmp
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn up
> svn: Working copy '.' locked
> svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
> details)
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn cleanup
> svn: Can't open directory 'test/.svn/tmp': No such file or directory
>

> If I try to remove test.. it says it's locked. I removed it in the
> repository.. and it was ok. I had to manually delete test from the
> sandbox,
> and now I get this...
>
> [xx@zend01 newrepos]$ svn st
>   L    .
> !      test
>
> I tried checking out a new copy somewhere else and it didn't have
> test and
> worked fine. How do I fix the current one I have? Why can't I use svn
> cleanup to unlock????

It looks like some tmp directories are missing. Do you have some sort
of automated or manual process that goes around deleting emtpy
directories called "tmp"? Not sure how else those directories wound
up getting deleted. Try recreating those directories by hand.