Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/26 20:56:06 UTC

Slow feature broken for HTTP and Java Implementation

Hello,
Reading documentation:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

*Emulating slow connections: *
One can understand that feature work for HC4 and Java Implementation, but
it appears it only works for HC4 in HTTP mode.
It works for HTTPS but not for HTTP.

I detected this bug by adding in build.xml:
    <antcall target="batchtest">
      <param name="batchtest.name" value="SlowCharsFeature"/>
      <param name="batchtest.jmx" value="SlowCharsFeature.jmx"/>
      <param name="batchtest.variable" value="jmeter.httpsampler"/>
      <param name="batchtest.value" value="Java"/>
    </antcall>

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Slow feature broken for HTTP and Java Implementation

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26 February 2017 at 21:42, Philippe Mouawad
<ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 10:38 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 26 February 2017 at 20:56, Philippe Mouawad
>> <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > Reading documentation:
>> > http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_
>> reference.html#HTTP_Request
>> >

>> > *Emulating slow connections: *
>>
>> There's a bug in the generated documentation.
>> Not sure what has happened, but it is different from the source.
>>
> I think I have already fixed it in the past after 3.1.
>

>> > One can understand that feature work for HC4 and Java Implementation, but
>> > it appears it only works for HC4 in HTTP mode.
>> > It works for HTTPS but not for HTTP.
>>

> I meant,
> One can understand that feature work for HC4 and Java Implementation, but
>
>    - It works in HTTP and HTTPS for HC4
>    - It only works for HTTPS for Java Imple

It has never worked for Java+HTTP.
I don't think it's possible to override the socket factory for HTTP connections.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.